TAT’s new Director of Strategic Partnerships will play a critical leadership role in building public-private partnerships across North America to combat human trafficking. TAT is seeking someone with proven partnership development experience who is adept at public speaking, event planning, impact tracking and relationship management.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will work across TAT programs and with key external partners – including State Attorneys General, as well as transportation and energy companies – to utilize TAT’s Coalition Build model of bringing industry and law enforcement together for training, networking and devising shared strategies to combat human trafficking. As the energy industry is a growing area of TAT’s private-sector engagement, the Director of Strategic Partnerships will focus on furthering the reach of TAT’s Empower Freedom program, which equips and empowers the energy industry through niche-specific training, awareness campaigns, corporate social responsibility and resource activation.
In addition, the Director of Strategic Partnerships will be garnering new partners for TAT, managing critical long-term industry relationships, assisting in fundraising, and collaborating with fellow team members on vision-casting and implementation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Utilize TAT’s Coalition Build model to plan and co-host events with Empower Freedom partners designed to create public-private partnerships to combat human trafficking and connect energy companies and their carriers with law enforcement.
- Cultivate and maintain high-level partnerships with law enforcement and industry representatives in the United States and Canada.
- Coordinate with leaders from all segments of the energy industry on ways their companies and/or networks can combat human trafficking.
- Expand partnership opportunities and engagement strategies over time.
- Develop new funding streams from industry partners and apply for applicable grants.
- Field inquiry calls/emails from law enforcement and industry about partnering with TAT.
- Participate in press conferences and interviews on behalf of TAT as applicable.
- Track progress against short, medium and long term goals.
- Evaluate and report on impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated commitment to combating human trafficking.
- Understanding of the broader energy industry, including oil and gas, wind and solar – or a willingness to learn.
- Adaptability and curiosity welcomed.
- Desire to make this your full-time career (longevity preferred).
- Experience serving multi-ethnic/cultural communities preferred.
- Exceptional public speaking skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Track record with successful event planning.
- Strong ability to build relationships, follow up on opportunities and grow partnerships.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines, plan time and schedule accordingly, stay on task while working with a variety of people, coordinate and keep track of multiple details and problem solve successfully.
- High initiative, ability to self-start, and work independently devoid of office setting.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time.
To apply, applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Director of Strategic Partnerships.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal records check.