Law Enforcement Training
Truckers Against Trafficking offers several law enforcement training options.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING VIDEO
In an effort to help educate all levels of law enforcement across the nation to recognize, investigate, and prosecute human trafficking, TAT — in partnership with our media partner iEmpathize and sponsors HELP Inc. and Vigilant Solutions — created this free training resource.
Click here to access this training video.
IN-DEPTH LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING
Train law enforcement officers to:
- Understand human trafficking and ways it overlaps with prostitution,
- Recognize trafficking indicators at inspection and interdiction stops,
- Implement a victim-centered approach in interactions with potential victims.
- Equip officers with practical steps to take, including a victim-centered approach and adoption of the Iowa MVE model.
- Emphasize critical observations/behaviors/red flag indicators from law enforcement case studies which resulted in human trafficking cases.
- Illustrate how the trucking industry is an ally in the fight. Share resources to create relationships between LE and trucking.
MAKING AN IMPACT
“Excellent instruction from both trainers. Well done and informative.” – Maine CVEU Officer
“I have a better understanding about trafficking and am able to distinguish between the abuser and the abused.” -Mississippi DOT Officer
“This was very enlightening and informative. So often, officers get so focused on finding drugs that they overlook indicators of other criminal activity like trafficking. Every trooper in the MSHP needs this. Great job teaching!” -Missouri Highway Patrol Officer
Click here to download our Law Enforcement Training Report and read what others are saying about this valuable training, as well as more information about the subject matter.
For more information on these trainings, please click here to download our informational flyer.