If you’re a driver (or member of the trucking industry)...
- Request wallet cards for yourself and your trucker friends, keep them on you and use them when you see a minor working the lot or suspect pimp control.
- Talk to your safety director about having the TAT training video shown at new driver orientation and as continuing education for current drivers.
- Talk to truckers and travel plaza employees wherever you go about human trafficking and how you can help end it by making the call.
- Contact any trucking company, school, or trucker with whom you have a connection and tell them about TAT. Arrange an introduction for us.
If you are a member of an abolitionist coalition…
- Ask members of your group if they have any trucking contacts and if yes, urge them to get involved with TAT.
if you’re interested in putting together a group of volunteers for a truck stop awareness event.
And everyone can...
- Help keep TAT going by making a tax deductible donation online via the Paypal button on the homepage, or by sending a check to:
Truckers Against Trafficking
P.O. Box 816 Englewood, CO. 80151
- Raise awareness ... consider hosting a small fundraiser within your sphere of influence. Have a movie/appetizer night at your home and then ask for donations, host a Zumba class where entrance fees are donated to TAT, have a bake sale, or silent auction…these are great ways to raise funds and awareness!
- Read some of the following articles to be better informed